Connect/Exchange artist’s residency involves exchange/research/networking residencies for artists with a screen-based practice.
Northern Film & Media are looking for ambitious and out-going early and mid-career artists who are open to testing out and sharing new ideas, who have a new project they want to undertake initial research & development for, and who will benefit from the support and networking opportunities Connect/Exchange offers. Artists are supported via a two-part residency, together with associated professional networking events.
There are two spaces available: one artist based in the North-East and one based in Scotland to take part in this strand of Connect/Exchange. These will be taking place with our host partner Stills (Edinburgh).
Conceived and developed by Northern Film & Media, artists are supported with the initial research & development of a new project via a two-part residency, together with associated professional networking events.
You’ll have a moving image, digital or screen-based practice and have a new project or idea which will extend your practice that you want to undertake initial research & development for.
To support your residency, we’ll pay you a fee, plus provide an accommodation, travel and materials stipend. In addition, we also have a limited access bursary to support additional costs such as access and childcare. For individual fees that are available for this residency see our host partners pages on our website.
How to Apply
Email the following to email@example.com
• 400 words explaining your project, the research and development you want to undertake, and what you anticipate the long-term impact will be on your practice.
• 100 words explaining how your project relates to the specific host partner and their city. (the above can also be explained via a link to a 3-4 minute video)
• Your CV including contact details (address, email, phone and Skype ID)
• 100 word biography to use on our website if you’re selected
• Up to 8 low res images (500k) max and up to 4 links to moving image clips. Include details such as media, duration etc. If you’re successful, we’ll use one of your images next to your biography.
• Details of any access or support needs
• A diversity monitoring form
DEADLINE for residencies with Stills: 10am Monday 27th March 2017.
For further information about Connect/Exchange, our host partners and how to apply see the Connect/Exchange project site.